Project Objective:
To design an effective throwing machine that will help a disabled student that has limited abilities to participate in physical recreation.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Final Prototype

After we had our first prototype done, we tested it to see if it worked as we wanted it to. After a few testings, we made changes to the metal rod. We reduced it from 24in to 20in so it can give us a better angle for the ball to be thrown. The PVC pipe was also reduced from 15in to 13in so we would have more play for compression. Then added a string that was tied the bottom board to the top board and helped the top board remain in place after the ball was released and not brake apart. Finally, we added a basket, which was held by screws, to hold the ball in place before it is launched.